ถ่อมตัว, สงบเสงี่ยม, พอประมาณ, สุภาพ, เอียงอาย, มักน้อย, กระดาก, ขวยเขิน, ไม่รุนแรง, ขี้อาย, ขี้เกรงใจ, เจียมเนื้อเจียมตัว
Adjective(1) marked by simplicity; having a humble opinion of yourself(2) not large but sufficient in size or amount(3) free from pomp or affectation(4) not offensive to sexual mores in conduct or appearance(5) low or inferior in station or quality(6) humble in spirit or manner; suggesting retiring mildness or even cowed submissiveness(7) relatively moderate, limited, or small
(1) He said older women need only meet the laxer condition of dressing ├ö├ç├┐in a modest manner.├ö├ç├û(2) Their boards give them stock options but in relatively modest amounts.(3) it has a modest oil consumption(4) Thankful that she has the health, and the will to do most of the things she hankers after in life, nevertheless she is modest about her abilities.(5) She was not exactly a genteel lady, but she was modest and naive in many respects.(6) He's modest about his achievements, self-effacing about his music and finds an old-fashioned dignity in hard work.(7) Isabella noticed that her own neckline was lower than Gillian's modest dress.(8) Women on their own would be well advised not to travel outside of these areas and to comply with local sensibilities, particularly by wearing long sleeves and modest clothing in town areas.(9) Let's find the relatively modest amounts needed to fund things people want, and let's do it without chopping away at other programs with an axe.(10) ├ö├ç├┐We would argue that the toll levels are being set at relatively modest levels,├ö├ç├û Tobin said.(11) He was kind, generous and always modest about his achievements.(12) This slowdown would be reinforced by a more modest rate of increase in house prices spreading across the country.(13) Her face was alight with anticipation as she set the chalk down, reached up, and began to unfasten the top golden button to her modest daisy dress.(14) We are trying to hone in on the talent, focus on the best stories, and we try to be low-key and modest about our role.(15) Muslims are accused of being over-sensitive about the human body but the degree of sexual harassment which occurs these days justifies modest dress.(16) Alcohol in modest amounts may have a protective effect on bone density, but sustained high consumption causes bone loss.
(1) very modest :: เจียมเนื้อเจียมตัวมาก
(2) make modest remarks :: ให้ข้อสังเกตเจียมเนื้อเจียมตัว
(3) be modest :: เจียมเนื้อเจียมตัว
(4) modest and prudent :: เจียมเนื้อเจียมตัวและระมัดระวัง
1. self-effacing ::
2. moderate ::
3. small ::
4. decorous ::
5. meek ::
1. coarse ::
2. dirty ::
3. immodest ::
4. impure ::
5. indecent ::
6. obscene ::
7. smutty ::
8. unchaste ::
9. unclean ::
10. vulgar ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My price would be MODEST.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
You're too MODEST.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Gustavo is too MODEST.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
And I'm only saying "believe"
to sound MODEST,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
At best, it's a MODEST leap forward...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
English to Thai Dictionary: modest
Meaning and definitions of modest, translation in Thai language for modest with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of modest in Thai and in English
Tags for the entry "modest"
What modest means in Thai, modest meaning
in Thai, modest definition, examples and pronunciation
of modest in Thai language.