Noun(1) the land on which real estate is located(2) material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use(3) territory over which rule or control is exercised(4) the solid part of the earth's surface(5) the territory occupied by a nation(6) a domain in which something is dominant(7) extensive landed property (especially in the country(8) the people who live in a nation or country(9) a politically organized body of people under a single government(10) United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one step photographic process (1909-1991(11) agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life
Verb(1) reach or come to rest(2) cause to come to the ground(3) bring into a different state(4) bring ashore(5) deliver (a blow(6) arrive on shore(7) shoot at and force to come down
(1) The melting of sea ice and glaciers on land make surface waters fresher than they are now.(2) In using them, we work outside the realm of right and wrong, and within the land of cause and effect.(3) Most sharks are simply not tuned in to eating land mammals.(4) America, the land of political equality(5) Once a person reaches this level of isolation, it is hard to come back to the land of sanity.(6) this is my land(7) The report says the amount of contaminants in land mammals such as musk ox and reindeer is still low.(8) The other important role for the Navy in Asia is to project land forces ashore.(9) Equally at home in water or on land , the Newfoundland was large enough to pull in a drowning man or to break the ice to retrieve him.(10) Seismic waves are detected by instruments known as geophones when used on land or hydrophones in water.(11) unrest is spreading throughout the land(12) Who but one transported by fame into fantasy land could think it?(13) after four weeks at sea we sighted land(14) We're amphibians, living part of our lives in the water and part on land .(15) Publishers would have to take account of the law of every land on Earth.(16) you are living in a fantasy land
(1) fallow land :: ที่ดินรกร้าง
(2) on land :: บนที่ดิน
(3) flat land :: พื้นที่ราบ
(4) arable land :: ที่ดินทำกิน
(5) land use :: การใช้ประโยชน์ที่ดิน
(6) land area :: พื้นที่
(7) native land :: แผ่นดินแม่
(8) land on :: ที่ดินบน
(9) dry land :: ดินแห้ง
(10) promised land :: ดินแดน
2. soil ::
3. the countryside ::
4. country ::
5. terra firma ::
6. nation ::
7. body politic ::
8. state ::
9. realm ::
10. demesne ::
11. farming ::
12. disembark ::
13. dock ::
15. perch ::
16. obtain ::
17. bring ::
18. inflict ::
20. shore ::
22. shoot down ::
land, landed, lander, landless, lands, landward, landwards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
get the lay of the LAND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
You'd be lucky to LAND
a fella like me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
one with no ties to this LAND,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
The shit is going to LAND on Spain,
the European Union, and NATO.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
Or you LAND on the time machine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
English to Thai Dictionary: land
Meaning and definitions of land, translation in Thai
language for land with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of land in Thai and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'land'
What land means in Thai, land meaning
in Thai, land
definition, examples and pronunciation
of land in Thai language.