Noun(1) a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane(2) the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on(3) furniture that is designed for sitting on(4) any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit(5) a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised(6) the location (metaphorically speaking(7) the legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body(8) a part of a machine that supports or guides another part(9) the cloth covering for the buttocks
Verb(1) show to a seat; assign a seat for(2) be able to seat(3) place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position(4) put a seat on a chair(5) provide with seats(6) place or attach firmly in or on a base(7) place in or on a seat
(1) Ryan laughed from his comfy seat on the olive green armchair.(2) Keith watches me from his seat at the kitchen table, his eyes are a mix of anger, amazement and confusion.(3) Kilkenny castle was built in the 12th century and was the principal seat of the Butlers until 1935.(4) Artemis sat on top of the back of a chair, his bare feet resting on the seat .(5) On the plane, I sat in my window seat, and another passenger has the aisle seat .(6) If your seat is quiet, the horse is more likely to relax and slow his pace.(7) There are 19 tables, six of which seat six people; the rest of the tables are smaller, for two or three people.(8) She escaped to the solace of the dark bedchamber, easily finding the window bench seat without a candle.(9) Another oven is brought out - a stool with the seat cut out - so the cake tin can sit over the hole.(10) The beck breaks to the surface at the site of the former seat of the city's textile industry.(11) She settled against the cushioned leather seat and listened to the air controlled calm in the cabin.(12) He sat, not on the seat of the bench, but on the back, his feet resting on the seat .(13) I got up from my comfy seat on the couch and answered it, just so it would stop ringing.(14) Jenny and Jim watched him get up passively from his seat at the kitchen table.(15) he lost his seat in the 1998 election(16) I had arrived early enough to get an aisle seat in an exit row.
(1) seat belt :: เข็มขัดนิรภัย
(2) have a seat :: มีที่นั่ง
(3) take a seat :: นั่ง
(4) toilet seat :: ที่นั่งห้องน้ำ
(5) aisle seat :: ที่นั่งติดทางเดิน
(6) window seat :: ที่นั่งริมหน้าต่าง
(7) fasten seat belts :: คาดเข็มขัดนิรภัย
(8) please have a seat :: เชิญนั่ง
(9) seat down :: นั่งลง
1. chair ::
2. headquarters ::
3. stern ::
4. place ::
5. position ::
6. have room for ::
7. sit down ::
8. invest ::
seat, seated, seating, seats
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I go from theater to theater,
filling every SEAT.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
you had a front-row
SEAT to history.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
"of your jacket in the Seat Ibiza.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Woody Harrelson, live and in person.
Pull up a bong and take a SEAT.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
Go on, grab a SEAT.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
English to Thai Dictionary: seat
Meaning and definitions of seat, translation in Thai
language for seat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of seat in Thai and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'seat'
What seat means in Thai, seat meaning
in Thai, seat
definition, examples and pronunciation
of seat in Thai language.