Noun(1) a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative(2) the opinion of a group as determined by voting(3) a legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US Constitution; guaranteed to women by the 19th amendment(4) a body of voters who have the same interests(5) the total number of voters who participated
Verb(1) express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote(2) express one's choice or preference by vote(3) express a choice or opinion(4) be guided by in voting(5) bring into existence or make available by vote
(1) New voters who register close to election day are more likely to vote than voters who registered a year or so before the election.(2) We were the only major party to increase our share of the vote and I believe that our positive and non-sectarian attitude was the reason.(3) I vote we have one more game(4) Despite some state suppression, it gained 17 per cent of the vote in the 1937 elections.(5) Voting will be by means of proportional representation with the number of seats a political party gets corresponding to its overall share of the vote .(6) He and the other independent between them got 65 per cent of the vote as the electorate gave two fingers to party politics.(7) At least a 60 per cent share of the vote was needed to effect any change.(8) The teachers also vote a member of staff onto the council.(9) Labour attracted its lowest share of the vote since 1935, and the Conservatives attained a majority of 144.(10) At the time we said we'd draw up a shortlist and put it to a vote .(11) the Republican vote in Florida(12) But their share of the vote at 32 per cent had barely altered from that of the two previous elections.(13) the nationalist vote in Northern Ireland(14) An indirect initiative is where the state legislature will vote on the proposal put forward.(15) In 1928, all women were given the vote , thus creating universal suffrage.(16) The decision will be put by referendum to the vote of electors in the different regions.
(1) vote for :: ลงคะแนนเสียง
(2) casting vote :: เสียงชี้ขาด
(3) swing vote :: การลงคะแนนเสียงแกว่ง
(4) vote down :: ลงคะแนน
(5) the right to vote :: สิทธิออกเสียงลงคะแนน
(6) right to vote :: สิทธิออกเสียงลงคะแนน
(7) the vote :: การออกเสียงลงคะแนน
(8) cast a vote :: ลงคะแนนเสียง
(9) popular vote :: คะแนนความนิยม
(10) vote of confidence :: คะแนนความเชื่อมั่น
1. ballot ::
2. suffrage ::
3. go to the polls ::
4. elect ::
5. suggest ::
vote, voted, votes, voting
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yeah, well, I didn't VOTE for that.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
Do I get a VOTE in this?They'll have pickled herring
on the plane.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
All due respect, I don't see it.
So I VOTE no.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
Of course, this will require a VOTE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
Even if he could he wouldn’t betray us.
Damn, let’s VOTE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to Thai Dictionary: vote
Meaning and definitions of vote, translation in Thai
language for vote with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of vote in Thai and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'vote'
What vote means in Thai, vote meaning
in Thai, vote
definition, examples and pronunciation
of vote in Thai language.